(a) Tributes are non-legislative actions that do not require introduction or floor action.
(b) Tributes issued by the secretary of the Senate shall be of the following classes:
(1) Senate joint tributes or Senate tributes, which shall:
(A) Offer congratulations for significant public achievements;
(B) Recognize meritorious individual achievement;
(C) Express appreciation for service to the state or the General Assembly;
(C.5) Recognize individuals' service in the military;
(D) Extend greetings to prominent visitors to the state.
(2) Senate joint memorial tributes or Senate memorial tributes, which shall express sentiment on the death of a person who has not served as a member of the General Assembly.
(c) The secretary of the Senate shall not issue:
(1) A Senate tribute or memorial tribute unless the Senator requesting the issuance of such tribute has obtained the permission of the President;
(2) A Senate joint tribute or joint memorial tribute unless the Senator requesting the issuance of such tribute has obtained the permission of the President and a Representative has obtained the permission of the Speaker of the House.
(3) A Senate joint tribute or Senate tribute if, prior to the issuance of the tribute, at least five members of the Senate request that the tribute not be issued.
(d) A list of all tributes requested in the Senate shall be made available for inspection in the office of the Secretary of the Senate.
(e) All tributes issued by the Senate shall be printed in the journal by title on the day following the issuance.