BILL SUMMARY for SB09-005
HOUSE COMMITTEE ON HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
|Votes: View--> ||Action Taken: |
|Moved to refer Senate Bill 09-005 to the Committee||PASS|
04:23 PM -- Senate Bill 09-005
Representative Primavera presented Senate Bill 09-005 which makes the following changes to the Colorado Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Program:
to how the other 10 percent is spent; and
- expands the definition of a TBI to include injuries to the brain caused by blasts;
- changes the name of the oversight board to the Colorado Traumatic Brain Injury Trust Fund Board;
- recommends, instead of requires, representation on the 13-member board by specific professions and associations;
- specifies that the board shall spend at least 55 percent of its funding for direct services for persons with TBI, at least 25 percent on research, and at least 5 percent on education; the board is given flexibility as
- removes the repeal date for the program.
A fact sheet in support of the bill was provided to the committee (Attachment D).
04:26 PM -- Kenneth Hosack, Colorado Traumatic Brain Injury Trust Fund, spoke in support of the bill. He stated that surcharges from speeding and drunk driving traffic prosecutions fund the TBI Trust Fund.
04:28 PM -- William Levis, President, Brain Injury Association of Colorado, spoke in support of the bill.
Representative Primavera provided concluding remarks to the bill.
|TIME: || 04:32:48 PM|
|MOTION:||Moved to refer Senate Bill 09-005 to the Committee of the Whole. The motion passed on a 10-0 roll call vote.|
Final YES: 10 NO: 0 EXC: 1 ABS: 0 FINAL ACTION: PASS