CAPITOL BUILDING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
|Votes: View--> ||Action Taken: |
10:19 AM -- Other Business
Ms. Contiguglia reported that, in Mr. Hite's absence, she assisted the Colorado Council on the Arts in its selection of art for the basement rotunda exhibit.
Ms. Contiguglia also reported that she contacted the Art Institute of Colorado to gauge interest in getting a student to take photos for the Memorials and Art In and Around the State Capitol publication update. She explained that the photos would be used for archival purposes, not for publication.
Ms. Contiguglia thanked Capitol Complex for working on the installation of the quilt show and encouraged committee members to look at the quilts.
Mr. Lombardi introduced Mr. Richard Lee, who will take his place on the committee.
Ms. Contiguglia reminded committee members that Mr. Lombardi is retiring at the end of July. She thanked him for his service to the committee and read into the record a certificate congratulating Mr. Lombardi. Mr. Lombardi thanked the committee and made parting remarks.
Ms. Eddins reported that the House of Representatives was unable to secure donated plants this year for the planters around the Capitol.
The committee adjourned.
- finalize letter to Bonnie Fulford regarding suspension of acceptance of Enos Mills sculpture -- Legislative Council Staff (done by Kori Donaldson 7/27/09)
- draft letter to CDC asking for permission to nominate capitol for Endangered Places list -- Legislative Council Staff (done by Kori Donaldson 7/24/09)
- send Virginia study on fundraising for Capitol repairs to Mr. Hare -- Legislative Council Staff (done by Jennifer Thomsen 7/17/09)
- draft letter to state patrol, with copies to Norm Brisson in the Governor's Office and House and Senate Leadership, about parking in circle on brickwork -- Legislative Council Staff
- begin work on committee's annual report -- Legislative Council Staff
- draft letter apprising CDC of Enos Mills fundraising efforts -- Legislative Council Staff
August Agenda Items
- review proposed questions for voting desk
- discuss annual report