CAPITOL BUILDING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
|Votes: View--> ||Action Taken: |
02:16 PM -- Other Business
Ms. Contiguglia reported that the Capital Development Committee approved the request to move the information desk. The committee discussed the current configuration of the Tour Guide Services.
Ms. Contiguglia reported to the committee the status of repairs in Mr. Brown's Attic.
Ms. Contiguglia said she had received the signed MOU from the Council on the Arts for the basement rotunda display.
Ms. Contiguglia said she drafted a letter to the Sierra Club regarding the Enos Mills sculpture. She said she would work with Senator Bacon on this issue.
Mr. Rogers commented that he had spoken to Jil Rosentrater at the Arts Council about the hanging system for the basement rotunda display and was pleased that the system would not be unpainted aluminum.
The next scheduled committee meeting is Friday, March 20 at 1:30 p.m.
The committee recessed to tour the areas of the building impacted by the Capitol Life Safety Project.
Action Items - Pending from January 16 meeting
- Waterproofing/Light Design - Lance Shepherd
- Funding for Obama portrait - Representative Weissmann and Sharon Nunnally
- Voting booth - Frank Lombardi and Theresa Holst
- Interactive display in basement - Representative Weissmann
Action Items - Current
- Talking points regarding needed repairs to dome - Lance Shepherd
- Prior letter regarding needed repairs to dome to committee - Jennifer Thomsen
- Letter to CDC regarding needed repairs to dome - Jennifer Thomsen and Georgianna Contiguglia
- Letter to Clinton library requesting extension of portrait loan - Representative Weissmann and Jennifer Thomsen
- Report on artwork in the Capitol to committee - Jennifer Thomsen
Future Agenda Items
- Capitol lighting project - waterproofing/light design
- Sierra Club/Enos Mills statue
- Solar panel display
- Set June and July meeting dates (3rd Friday of the month at 9:30 a.m.)