Colorado Legislative Council Staff
NO FISCAL IMPACT
January 28, 1998
Janis Baron (866-3523)
TITLE: CONCERNING FAMILY CHILD CARE HOMES.
Summary of Legislation
The bill includes the following provisions:
• requires that on and after July 1, 1998, no new covenant governing the use of real property shall be filed that prohibits the operation of a family child care home;
• establishes exceptions for housing for older persons and common interest communities that are condominiums or planned community town home projects;
• provides that a homeowner association is immune from liability for damages arising from the operations of a family child care home;
• allows the planning commission to take into consideration the availability of family child care homes within the county or region, in creating master plans of its county or region; and
• is effective July 1, 1998.
The bill does not increase workload at either the state or local level. Thus, it is assessed as having no fiscal impact to state government or units of local government.