BILL SUMMARY for SB09-249
HOUSE COMMITTEE ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT
|Votes: View--> ||Action Taken: |
|Moved to refer Senate Bill 09-249 to the Committee||PASS|
07:01 PM -- Senate Bill 09-249
Representative A. Kerr, prime sponsor of Senate Bill 09-249, concerning the applicability for small common-interest communities of recently enacted provisions of the "Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act," introduced the bill. Representative Kerr explained that the bill requires certain small communities under the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act to allow:
- the display of American flags, service flags, and political signs;
- the parking of emergency vehicles by residents employed as first responders;
- the trimming of vegetation for fire mitigation purposes;
- modifications required for accessibility by a resident with disabilities; and
- the installation or use of energy efficiency measures.
Pat Pascoe, American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado, testified in support of the bill and discussed reasons for small homeowners associations to allow some of the items and activities included under the bill.
Jerry Orten, Community Associations Institute, testified in support of the bill and talked about problems within homeowners associations that would improve with Senate Bill 09-249.
Representative Kerr entered closing comments on the bill.
|TIME: || 07:04:42 PM|
|MOTION:||Moved to refer Senate Bill 09-249 to the Committee of the Whole. The motion passed on a 10-0-1 roll call vote. |
Final YES: 10 NO: 0 EXC: 1 ABS: 0 FINAL ACTION: PASS
The committee adjourned.